PLUG - Guide for Speakers
This guide assumes the speaker will bring their own laptop - if this is not the case please cntact the committee
- The projector at Spacecubed requires HDMI input.
- PLUG provides microphone(s) and camera which feed into a PLUG laptop.
PLUG uses BigBlueButton to stream its meetings, and to record them. The recording is later edited and will be available on YouTube For more information on the features of BigBlueButton see:
The owner of the BBB room starts the meeting.
The speaker then joins the meeting.
The owner makes the speaker presenter.
The speaker can now upload slides.
- BBB can import slides from many different formats
- It converts them to PDF, so special effects like Powerpoint animations will be lost.
The room owner makes the person who is going to do the introduction presenter.
Opening the meeting
The Standard PLUG intro slides need to be loaded into BigBlueButton
- this can be done
- after step 1 by the room owner.
- after step 5 by the person doing the introduction
After the introduction the speaker must be made presenter again
Giving the Presentation
For best effect:
Make Full Screen
Now start recording
The presenter can:
display the slides which have been uploaded
add annotation to slides
share own screen to do a demo
play a (Youtube) video (untested)
- N.B. This has never been done so there is a possibility it won’t record well
write/draw on whiteboard (second slide in default slides)
- Exit Full Screen, unhide users and restore Public Chat so that anyone following online is shown.
- Any questioners should use a microphone
- There will usually be a second microphone available for this
- If people are following the talk online they may submit questions via BBB chat. The question needs to be repeated aloud into the microphone.
- Stop the recording
- Close the meeting in BBB - this will save everything, which takes some time